Friday, September 4, 2009

INFO!

Ok, so I got an email back from a very nice lady and she told me that they had mailed me some more forms to fill out. So, once I get those back to them I start the little interview process and go on a puppy walk and stuff like that (keep you informed as it all progresses). However, one bad thing is that all the puppies for 2009 are already spoken for :( but she does have 18 puppies lined up for 2010 so hopefully I can get one as soon as possible. Thats a lot of puppies huh? I wonder what their success rate is.. Oh well.. I'm excited.. at least now I know they got my app. and things are rolling.. still wish I could get a puppy in this year but oh well... good things come to people who wait.

That doesn't mean I have to wait patiently though does it?

2 comments:

Ally and Eclipse said...

Welcome to the world of puppy raising! I've been involved with puppy raising with my twin sister (Coreena) for 5.5 years, since we were fifteen. We've been involved with three different organizations and are currently co-raising a male labradoodle named "Charlie" for a small organization in CA called Canine Support Teams.

Potty training isn't all that bad, it usually goes much more quickly than you expect and crates and tie-downs helps tons! So cool that your boyfriend and you are raising puppies to give back. You certainly have more of a connection than most of us raisers. I hope you enjoy your new adventure!

Natalie said...

Thanks, I'm really excited and I can't wait to help out someone else like they helped us. I assume most puppy raisers don't get to actually see much of the partnership between their graduated puppy and their new partner and it really is too bad. The bond that they get and the way they cooperate is so cool and interesting to see. So, like I said I just can't wait to give back. Thank you for your comment, keep up with my story ;)