Thursday, January 7, 2010

And My Camera Died...

So guess what happened today? I took a road trip with our Puppy Raising Manager, Michelle, up to Austin to pick up Alfie! We had a good time on the road and Beth was so helpful telling us about all his little antics he might try. Well we get home and all he wanted to do was play with Egypt.. she didn't really know what to make of him. Hopefully she'll warm up to him though, at least he got a lot of energy out by running around and trying to get her to play. After that we took off to the mall and I had my first real working session! He was really good! I was pretty surprised because with Egypt behind us I thought it would be a big distraction but he didn't really seem to care. It was only when Darrell got a head of us when he 'noticed' her and wanted to catch up. He loved finding the stairs and was really good at putting his front paws up on them.

We came home, 'busied', set up his crate and then had some dinner. He's in his crate now and it's almost time to let him out. The puppies aren't supposed to have any activity for about an hour after they eat so he gets in the crate and I write the blog lol.

Sorry there are no pictures, I got my camera out to snap some and guess what.... dead battery... thanks camera lol. I'll add some later ;)

2 comments:

L^2 said...

Darn, I hate when that happens! But it's very exciting that you get to have the adorable Alfie while his family is away.

Coreena said...

YAY for puppy-sitting and first public work! Glad is was a success, even with the ultimate distraction of EGYPT! :-D